The One Step Path to Sobriety
The process of admission to a treatment program at One Step is as straightforward and streamlined as possible. The team at One Step can of course advise you on treatment, but we also provide information on flights (if required), visas, and anything else you can think of to make your preparation stress-free and without worry.
1. Initial inquiry – when you email or call us at One Step, you will get through to one of our friendly admissions team. They will answer any questions you have, and guide you during the exploration of the treatment options at One Step. Feel free to call or email us at any time for further guidance or support after this initial conversation.
2. Telephone assessment – a Senior Counselor will arrange a call with you or the person seeking treatment, at a pre-arranged time to get more details and a better understanding of your substance abuse, medical, and personal history. This call is confidential. Your One Step counselor will be able to answer any questions you may have about the program, clinical concerns or general information in preparation for your arrival. We then use this information to begin developing your individualized program so we are ready to help you from the moment you arrive at One Step rehab center.
3. Deposit and Travel Arrangements – we will send you an invoice with our bank details, and instructions for making a bank transfer. Once you’ve paid the deposit, we will work with you to arrange flights and offer assistance for Thailand entry requirements if needed.
4. Arrival in Thailand – you will be greeted by a One Step Rehab representative after disembarking the aircraft We’ll identify you with a name board whilst respecting your confidentiality in all public spaces.
Once connected, you will be accompanied to the private car and escorted to our rehab center, just outside Chiang Mai. You will then be able to relax as the taxi service transports you to One Step.
5. Arrival at One Step – you will have a thorough check-up with our doctor before starting the intake procedure, which includes receiving your personal treatment schedule and touring our center.
6. Treatment – when our medical team have deemed it appropriate, you can begin your treatment, including one-to-one sessions with your personal therapist, group counseling, and all other elements of the program.
7. Aftercare and Extended Care – towards the end of treatment at One Step Rehab, you will work with your counselor to write an aftercare plan. Sober living is also available as part of an extended care program, with 12 steps groups offered as an option.